June 13, 2016
Call for Postgraduate Creative Design Research Projects
OPEN ISSUE: Return to Origins
Albrecht Dürer, From, Underweysung der Messung (Manual on Measurement), 1525, Wikimedia.
Originality consists in returning to the origin.
Call for Creative Design Research Projects
In 2016, after many years of publishing the work of emerging and established researchers, Interstices: Journal of Architecture and Related Arts is resuming its earlier commitment to the publication of postgraduate student research design projects. Recent or ongoing postgraduate researchers in architecture and related art and design fields are invited to submit projects for a new peer-reviewed section of the journal.
Projects should be complete at the time of submission and are to include a design synopsis of 1500 words.
Project documentation and the synopsis should meet the following criteria:
- Be original and unpublished previously
- In the case of visual material, include no more than six indicative views of the proposal
- In the case of moving image, animated sequences, or audio works, not exceed 4 minutes duration
- Include a scholarly and critically contextualising synopsis for the project coauthored by both the project’s creator and the supervisor(s) involved. The synopsis should bear the name of the researcher as the primary author and the supervisor as the secondary author.
- Establish an overt relationship with a particular journal issue thematic (where this exists).
While there is no specific thematic for issue 17, project authors may choose in this case to focus on the issue’s sub-theme, Return to Origins, when considering submissions.
Please submit full project documentation for the Interstices 17 journal issue to Dr Sue Hedges (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 8 August 2016.
All submission will be blind refereed by an invited panel.
Visit our website to view the Guidelines for Submissions for details about the reviewing process, copyright issues and formatting: http://www.interstices.ac.nz/information-for-contributors/guidelines-for-submissions/.
We look forward to your contribution!
Journal editors: Andrew Douglas, Ross Jenner, Sue Hedges